• The Memorial idea was born.
• Sketches, ideas and first scale model was built out of foam core.
• Architect Jory Walker was hired to start working on the Memorial.
• A lot of discovery, opposition, and advise came into the picture.
• Worked through as I could afford them, many ideas refining architectural elements of the Memorial.
• We decided to involve artists from every country to be represented and started that research.
• We also decided to involve all the major religions of the world and started that research.
• The ancient olive tree sculpture with its glass leaves and olives for the main sculpture was created.
• A whole lot of time spent in researching, sketching, refining ideas.
• Basement area starting to take form.
• Suffering of neglect idea was born for the basement directly under the main structure.
• We were able to hire Jeff Walker as our attorney. 501c3 foundation organization properly set up.
• Started contacting the 250-300 artist representing all the countries of the world, and additional artists for the religious and neglect subjects.
• Started creating a 3D animated model for our promotional video.
• More refining details on the brutalist architectural elements in the interior.
• I created an idea for a series of painted portraits of individuals who have endured suffering. These will be used on t-shirts and sold to raise funds. Finished the first one was Kind David, and I’ve started the next 4 portraits of Martin Luther King Jr., Jesus Christ, Sitting Bull, and Alice Paul.
• Designed additional merchandise products to raise funds.
• Started a marketing strategy to get the international exposure we need, and to build our tribe of artist, supporters, and followers.
• Started the website at www.sufferingmemorial.org.
• Finished pitch deck for our fund raising efforts.
• Began researching Foundations, Corporate sponsors, and individuals in our fundraising efforts.
• Started contacting representatives for all the major religions in the world, looking for stories of courageous suffering, and for support.